I am so excited to be accepting my very first Liebster award by both the lovely Kate of https://kateiscoveting.wordpress.com/ and Demitria of http://www.demitriadoes.com/. Kate is a genuinely lovely girl a great blogger too, and the same can be said for Demitria, plus her style is so on point – so you can imagine how grateful and amazed I was to receive this nomination. A MASSIVE thank you to Kate and Demitria for nominating me, it really made my day!
As I have only been blogging for roughly a month I am so honoured to have been recognised for my small achievements. The blogging community is so welcoming and helpful and I am SO GLAD I finally took the leap and started writing. This blog is becoming an amazing creative outlet for me, it helps with stress and to improve my creativity. I feel so humbled to have been nominated so thank you lovelies!
So what is the Liebster Award all about?
- The Liebster award was created to recognise new bloggers and reward writing talent.
- The award has German origins and the word “Liebster” has several meanings including: sweetest, dearest, kindest, nicest, beloved & lovely.
- The award follows similar principles of a chain letter in the sense that when one blogger receives a nomination she/he must thank the blogger who nominated them then pass on the award to other bloggers who they admire.
- The blogger who nominated you will have answered a set of questions about themselves & then they will choose their own set of questions for their nominees to answer.
- The new nominees must then answer the questions set for them by the blogger who nominated them, created their own questions and nominate other bloggers.
- Bloggers that get nominated are generally newer bloggers that have a following of less than 3,000 followers.
The rules of the Liebster award are:
1: Mention the blogger who tagged you and thank them.
2: Answer the 11 questions you’ve been asked by the blogger
3: Nominate 11 bloggers
4: Give them 11 questions to answer.
5: Notify your nominees on Twitter.
Here are the 11 questions that I have to answer:
- What would be your perfect day?
I’m kinda hoping you guys have seen Miss Congeniality at this point, because then you’d have a giggle at my cheeky reference above. Also, April 25th is Katie’s birthday so that’s taken on new meaning!
In all honestly I’m not too sure what my perfect day would be! Would it be obnoxious to say my birthday? I love being the centre of attention for that one day and it’s in August so the weather is normally nice. Me, Dan and my family go punting in Cambridge during the day, go for a nice meal, do cake and presents and then I see my friends and have a drink [or twenty].
2. When did you last sing out loud?
Probably about ten minutes ago? Ha ha! I am currently in the library researching for my next assignment and for some reason I had the urge to listen to the whole Les Mis soundtrack, and you CAN’T listen to Les Mis without having a sing along. Especially I Dreamed a Dream.
To be fair, my library companions are lucky I didn’t burst into tears. Les Mis is just… Perfection!
3. What are you most grateful for in your life and why?
This is a tricky one… I have a lot in my life to be grateful for, but I think the main thing is my support system: AKA my friends and family. They are the ones who keep me motivated and who pick me up when I am down. That probably sounds really cliché but it’s true!!
Over the years, friends have come and gone, but that all happens for a reason. The best friends are the ones who you don’t have to keep in constant contact with – I am a reaaaaally lazy friend I must admit, so I am so thankful for those who stand by me whenever I need them.
4. If you could have one super power what would it be and why?
On days like today, when I feel super stretched I would love the ability to be in two places at once. I am still waiting for a call from Dumbledore telling me that my time turner has been despatched…
5. Given the choice of anybody in the world (alive or dead) who would you most like to have a conversation with?
I would love to sit down with my ten-years-younger self. Once again, I’m aware that I’m beginning to sound a little bit obnoxious and big-headed but hear me out. Ten years ago I would have been 11 years old, it was during my parents divorce, I was starting at a new school without any of my friends and it was a tricky time for me. I used to daydream all the time when I was younger about if I could have a sit down with my older self and be reassured by the idea that everything would work out in the end.
So I would love to have a conversation with the 11 year old Jade, to tell her that I worked out just great, my family life improved by far with the addition of Anthony, my step dad, and then my younger sister Amethyst, who I love more than words can express. I continued to pursue my passion in education, my writing subsequently improved, I found some great friends and have made so many amazing memories. I was so timid and quiet at that age, and although I wouldn’t change it for the world, I think I could have done with some firm assurances.
6. What are your dreams or aspirations and how long have you had them?
I have always wanted to either move or to work a summer abroad – I have wanted to do this ever since I was little, when my family used to holiday in the Caribbean.
The only thing stopping me is what I would have to sacrifice and leave behind. Me and Dan have spoken about moving to America or to Aussie-land so the dream is still alive. I have a lot to consider before making the huge commitment though!
7. Who were you in your school nativity play?
I remember acting as a cat, and I’m pretty sure this was in my school’s renditions of ‘Dick Whittington and His Cat’. My friend was originally casted to be the cat, and I was her understudy – we took an oath that she would DEFINITELY be there so I wouldn’t have to learn the lines. Long story short, she didn’t turn up and in year 5 I had to pretty much improvise the entire play. Good times. I pulled it off though somehow.
8. What is your most treasured possession?
Ahhhh this is such a tricky one! I would probably have to go ahead and say my teddy bears. Since being with Dan we have built up quite the collection, and I sleep with a handful of them every night. Maybe one day I’ll introduce you all … Yes I am that sad. I have tried sleeping without them before but it is honestly impossible… I love my bears.
9. What was your last fashion or beauty purchase? Was it an impulse buy?
My last fashion purchase was a pair of GORGEOUS heeled lace-up sandals from Boohoo.com which was…. last night…. Oops. Although this was an impulse buy, I have no reason to feel guilty as this was the last of my account credit, where I won £100 from an Instagram competition [EEEK]. So this purchase costed me zilch. I just have to try and patiently wait for it’s arrival now…..
My last beauty purchase was an Eyelure eyebrow pencil, because my trusty Anastasia Beverly Hills brow wiz broke all of a sudden [don’t worry, the despatching company have since replaced it free of charge – YAY] – I was honestly on the verge of a breakdown trying to get more out of the pencil in order to go to the gym, while Dan was huffing and puffing at me. Oh it was a stressful day! But the Eyelure pencil is surprisingly good bearing in mind it only cost me £5.45, [well, £4.90 after my work discount]. It was definitely an impulse buy but it was an EMERGENCY – I’m sure you all understand.
10. How many countries have you visited?
If I’m honest I’m not entirely sure!
As I mentioned previously, my family used to holiday in the Caribbean a lot when I was younger so I’m not entirely sure of how many places I have been to… That’s really bad. Having said that, I would probably say that it’s been between 5-10 countries all together!
11. If you could only wear one colour for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
Black. Always black.
Or as Wednesday Adamms would say: “I’ll stop wearing black when they invent a darker colour.” I love how confident black makes me feel and how it gives me total freedom with make up and accessories. I basically wear black 24/7 – but I don’t regret a thing. Monochrome is awesome.
My 11 nominations for The Liebster Award:
@katiexmiddleton of http://www.katie-middleton.co.uk/
@belkatya of https://katastrophique.com/
@sweet_allure of http://www.sweetallure.co.uk/
@beautbluebird of http://www.thebeautifulbluebird.com/
@bookswithbolino of https://bookswithbolino.com/
@LaceyFitspo of http://laceyfitspo.tumblr.com/
@Crazyblondegal_ of http://www.crazyblondegal.com/
@g_beauty_blog of http://www.gbeauty.co.uk/
@emilyrosevass of http://emilyrosevass.com/
@leluroxxblogger of http://leluroxx.blogspot.co.uk/
@EllexMay of http://www.xgardenofedenx.co.uk/
And here are the 11 questions I’d like you to answer:
1. What is your favourite part about blogging?
2. Favourite Harry Potter character.
3. Your last completed book.
4. What is your biggest achievement of 2016 so far?
5. Who is your beauty/ style inspo at the moment?
6. If you could take one blogger on an all expense paid holiday who would you take and why?
7. What is your favourite décor item in your house?
8. What inspired you to start your blog?
9. What advice would you give your teenage self?
10. Best Netflix season at the moment.
11. What is your all time favourite quote?
Thank you so much for reading. Don’t forget to follow me on my other social media accounts.