Thank you to sincerelyjuliette for tagging me! This is my first ever Beauty Blogger Tag nomination, so I am excited to see what it’s all about and to get started.
The Rules are:
- Tag the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions.
- Come up with 10 questions of your own.
- Nominate other bloggers, and don’t forget to tell them!
- Which do you like better, spring makeup trends or fall makeup trends?
If I had been asked this a year ago, I would have said with ease “spring by far” but now it would definitely have to be fall make up trends! I love a plum toned nude lip and the adventurous eye shadow shades you can get away with in autumn. Recently I have been experimenting with coppery shades on my eyelids and it looks GORGEOUS – my only issue is that it is beginning to look slightly too heavy for spring/summer time.
2. If you could be doing anything in the world, what would your dream job be?
I would love to live abroad, whilst pursuing my passion of writing. If I could be a successful writer or blogger in a hot country like Australia or America – that would be an absolute dream. To leave my house every morning with one layer of clothes on, and to have the ability to work for myself. Ahhhhh. Yes please
3. What’s your favourite foundation?
My everyday foundation is Rimmel London 24 hour Stay. I think this is brilliant because it really is long lasting, and for someone with combination skin like myself, that is really important so that my foundation doesn’t just slide off my face. Having said that, I do want to try new foundations as I have been faithful to Rimmel for a very long time and there’s GOT to be a decent, cruelty free equivalent.
4. If you could only put on one makeup product for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Ahhh this is so difficult! A part of me wants to be really clever and say an eye shadow palette because I could use rose colours for blush, browns for contouring and nudes/whites for highlighting… But if I’m honest I really can’t imagine going out without my mascara on. I think I could leave the house with just that on and feel a little bit nicer. So I’m going to be wild and choose mascara! It would be a very sad existence though….
5. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
Definitely a dog person. When I was younger I had two dalmatians, Pongo and Angel, and they were my world! We had lots of cats, and they were so independent and chilled! Of course, there’s nothing wrong with that. But I loved the interactivity of the dalmatians and how excited they would be to see me walk through the door. I can’t wait to be able to have dogs again!
6. Which do you like better, Summer or Winter?
SUMMER! I love winter for the fashion and for layers and for the darker makeup trends – but summer weather is unbeatable. I am not one for wind, rain, sleet or snow. I was definitely a born sun worshipper, and I can’t imagine myself any other way!
7. What would be your dream vacation spot?
Anywhere with a beach essentially! I love the Caribbean waters particularly and whenever I daydream about a holiday, my mind always drifts to there. Having said that, I am happy anywhere with the sun beating down on me, the sand between my toes and the sound of the ocean. Ahhhhh.
8. Why did you start your blog?
I have always had a passion for writing and over the years I have admired a great many bloggers; the creativity necessary to put their ideas out there and to be rewarded for it was such an amazing concept to me. It took me years to finally pluck up the courage to put my ideas and interests out there and I’m sooo glad I did!
9. If you could meet any celebrity who would it be and why?
Gordan Ramsay hands down! Ahhh I just love his attitude and his confidence. His one liners forever have me cracking up!! “OHHH FUCK MEEEE”. My reason to want to meet him is I’d love to have a sit down meal with him and listen to him go on and on about how much he loves food and to ask him all about his back story etc. It’s a strange obsession but there have been worse.
10. What is your favourite food?
This follows on quite nicely from the last! I don’t think I do actually have a favourite food though, as it totally depends on my mood. I do love a bit of steak with a calamari starter though – this completely depends on where I’m ordering from. Zizzi’s Italian do an amaaaaaazing calamari starter.
My 10 Questions:
- Do you spend more time in the morning doing your hair or make up?
- If you had to stick to one drug store brand for the rest of your life – what would it be?
- What is the story behind your blog name?
- Which stage of your make up do you most look forward to and why?
- What is your favourite hobby?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your best beauty tip?
- What is your favourite product in your make up bag right now?
- Which song is stuck in your head right now?
- Who is your favourite beauty blogger and why?
@katiexmiddleton of http://www.katie-middleton.co.uk/
@NYCBeautyBlog of https://nycbeautyblogger.com/
@dungareesdonuts of http://www.dungarees-and-donuts.co.uk/
@BlushingRosette of http://blushingrosettebeauty.com/
Thank you so much for reading. Don’t forget to follow me on my other social media accounts.